Skip to content

Workers Compensation Authorization Number

For a medical treatment to be approved by California Workers’ Compensation, the treating physician must submit the request for the treatment using the correct form. Specifically, the physician must use a DWC FORM RFA, also known as a “Request For Authorization.” Without submitting this form, it is as though the doctor never requested the treatment, and the insurance carrier is under no obligation to authorize the treatment.

In our experience, we’ve found that many doctors’ offices don’t fill this form out correctly, and aren’t aware that they don’t have to sign RFA, the appropriate information can be on their INS form.

There is no book written, no website that exists anywhere that can address the shifting and complex nature of Worker’s Comp Billing and Collections. That is why over the last 25+ we’ve built the best team in the industry, provided them with the very best tools, training and systems so that they can excel.

If you or your staff have billing questions that relate to Worker’s Comp feel free to contact us and we will do our best to help – (949) 863-0022 or use our contact form.

Back to the main Worker’s Compensation Billing & Collections page